Saturday, December 4, 2010

ELBC Church Ladies Brunch

Church Ladies Brunch

What a great morning spent with friends at church!  The annual ladies Christmas brunch was today and as usual, the decorations were beautiful, the food fabulous, but best of all, the fellowship with friends.  The theme was the "The Colors of Christmas"  and the tables reflected just that and the devotion also.  The gold to remind us of Jesus, our King, the red to remind us of the blood shed for us and God's love, and the green to remind up of everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
The theme was "The Colors of Christmas".  My favorite Christmas colors are red, green, and gold. 

I like to mix textures and patterns...I like to mix traditional with whimisical items.
"Joy"

I fell in love with these dishes one night at Walmart.  I snatched up a place setting and came home to gather my ideas.  Sean was with me...he thought it was all just "precious"!

I love decorating with polymesh!  It's easy and looks amazing!

Ready for guests!

After decorating, I came home and baked up a batch of mini pumpkin loaves for my table guests.  I found these cute little ceramic bakers at Michaels...$1.00!

I wrapped them in cellephane and added some wired tinsel and a Christmas ornament.

Vaydra and Patti

Rhonda and Tammy

and Randi in the middle...some super friends from LJHS. 
Thanks for being my guests and sharing this special Christmas memory with me.
Friends, Feasting...and Faith.

Much to my surprise our guest speaker was Shellie Rushing Tomlinson, author of "Suck Your Stomach in and Put Some Color On!", a book that Rachel bought me last Christmas.  Just from the title you can just imagine why Rachel bought it for me.  It's all about Southern mama and what they tell their daughters that the rest of ya'll should know too!  She delivered a funny and inspirational message...always WEAR the Colors of Christmas.


I introduced myself to her and she LOVED my name...in fact...so much, that she asked to add it to her Blackberry so she wouldn't forget it and asked if she could use it for a character in a book sometime...Zandra Lou....who would've thought...thanks Mary Lou!

1 comment: