Monday, November 29, 2010

Easy Bake Oven Thanksgiving

Making gravy - two kinds..one traditional and one vegan.

Rachel stirring her vegan gravy...notice our aprons.

Sarah and Ladd making a truly sinful mac and cheese...we really don't think much of new dishes added to our traditional menu..but Ladd (Sarah's beau) wanted to make his speciality dish...it was delicious!  Ladd's first Thanksgiving with the Haymon/Grady crew was was a big success!

Turkey, Ham, Cornbread Stuffing (traditional and vegan), Giblet Gravy (traditional and vegan) Sweet Potato Casserole, Corn Pudding, Green Bean Casserole, Peas, Macaroni and Cheese, Cranberry Sauce, Rolls, Pumpkin Pie and Sweet Tea.

Our table set with my Granny's china. 
On Wednesday evening as I was preheating my oven to begin baking my cornbread, my oven was not getting hot.  Lo and behold, my heating element went out.  I rushed to Walmart and bought two toaster ovens and some baking dishes that fit inside the small oven.  I called my brother and he had a NuWave oven and a toaster oven.   I cooked Thanksgiving for 10 people in three toaster ovens.  It took about an 1 1/2 hours longer to prepare, but the results were the same..quite tasty!  It was an enjoyable day spent with family giving thanks and making memories.

1 comment: